Toyota Ranked Number One Lift Truck Supplier Worldwide For Tenth Consecutive Year
IRVINE, Calif., (October 24, 2012) – For the 10th consecutive year, Toyota achieved the top ranking as the world’s largest lift truck supplier in Modern Materials Handling’s Annual Top 20 listing. Toyota reported $5.9 billion in worldwide sales revenue for the 2011 fiscal year.
To qualify for Modern’s annual Top 20 lift truck suppliers ranking, companies must manufacture and sell lift trucks in at least one of the Industrial Truck Association’s seven truck classes, which includes a variety of electric and internal combustion lift trucks. Rankings are based on worldwide revenue from powered industrial trucks during each company’s most recent fiscal year.
"As the leading lift truck brand, Toyota is dedicated to continuous improvement and raising the bar to deliver products that offer unmatched quality, reliability and durability," said Jeff Rufener, president of Toyota Material Handling, U.S.A., Inc. "Today, one in every five lift trucks sold around the world is a Toyota. This achievement is made possible due to the support of our world-class dealers, customers and associates."
During the past decade, Toyota has celebrated several milestones including:
- Production of its 400,000th lift truck at its manufacturing facility in Columbus, Ind. – Toyota Industrial Equipment Mfg., Inc. (TIEM);
- Numerous design advancements and industrial equipment solutions that have improved material handling and enhanced the end-user experience;
- Diversification and expansion of Toyota’s comprehensive product line: Toyota now offers customers more options, from its 8-Series 4-wheel electric lift truck in 4,000- to 6,500-pound capacities to its 8-Series internal combustion lift trucks in 3,000- to 51,000-pound capacities along with industrial equipment solutions including Automated Guided Vehicles and tow tractors;
- Enhanced product options including the AC electric pallet truck line and walkie rider with a Galvanized Chassis to protect the vehicles while operating in wet environments and a new Toyota integrated scale, available on 4,000-5,000 lb. Toyota internal combustion, cushion tire lift truck models, that enables operators to quickly view, record or transfer legal-for-trade load weight information as the load is being transported through the facility; and
- Pushing forward environmentally friendly technologies and manufacturing processes: Toyota remains the first and only manufacturer to offer UL-listed, EPA and CARB-certified Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) powered lift trucks.
- And top honors for its manufacturing plant, TIEM, including being named a 2011 North American Best Plant by IndustryWeek magazine and the 2010 "Top Plant" in the United States by Plant Engineering magazine.
About Toyota Material Handling, U.S.A., Inc.
Celebrating its 45th year in business in North America, TMHU is the supplier of Toyota lift trucks; the No. 1 selling brand since 2002. In addition to the full line of high-quality lift trucks sold under the Toyota brand, the company also offers Automated Guided Vehicles and tow tractors.
Quality is the hallmark of the Toyota Production System practiced at all Toyota manufacturing facilities, including TIEM. TIEM is a member of the National Safety Council, complies with the ISO 14001 standard from the International Organization for Standardization and has produced more than 400,000 Toyota lift trucks since it opened in 1990.
Toyota's commitment to excellence in customer service extends throughout the U.S. and Canada. With more than 70 authorized Toyota Industrial Equipment dealers and more than 220 dealership locations throughout North America, Toyota dealers offer comprehensive customer service and support, including one-stop shopping for both new and used lift trucks, rentals, parts and service, fleet servicing and financing. For more information on TMHU, please visit www.toyotaforklift.com, www.facebook.com/ToyotaForklift or twitter.com/ToyotaForklift or call 1-800-226-0009.
Back to list