Training your forklift operators can be a time consuming and costly thing to do, so you may question why you would even do it. However, the truth of the matter is that while training can be costly and time consuming up front, accidents are much more expensive.
Let’s check out the top 5 reasons to train your operators:
- Keep your operators safe: Driving a forklift might seem like a no-brainer, but it isn’t. Spending a little bit of time training the operator can prevent many injuries as well as increase efficiency.
- Keep your pedestrians safe: When you train your forklift operators, you aren’t just keeping the operator safe, you’re keeping the pedestrians safe too. Walking through a work area can be extremely dangerous if the forklift operators haven’t been trained.
- Decrease your liability: Yes, you will still be liable for an accident even if you’ve trained your operator, but you’ll have much more liability on your hands if you never trained your operators to start with.
- Increase forklift longevity: The cost of damaging your forklift is a much more expensive pill to swallow than upfront training.
- Increase productivity: If your operator isn’t trained, he will end up spending time trying to figure things out he would’ve known if he had been. Making sure the operator is knowledgeable up front will increase productivity.
There are a lot of reasons you should train your forklift operators, but these five are at the top of the list. Just take the time and spend the money to do it; you certainly won’t regret it.
To schedule forklift training,
contact your local Toyota forklift dealer
For pricing, parts & more, click here to find a dealer near you.