When you’re looking to buy a forklift
, you may start to wonder if you should purchase it new or used
. To help guide your decision making, take a look at this comparison chart:
- You can get the very newest model
- You'll pay list price
- You know how the forklift has been maintained
- Higher overhead
- The life of the forklift under your care will be longer.
- You get exactly what you want
- Came directly from the factory
- Genuine parts
- You likely won't get the newest model
- You'll pay whatever the seller wants and you can negotiate
- Less overhead
- Since someone else has used the forklift and put hours on it, it probably won't last as long as a new one.
- You may have to forego a few features you wanted
- May have been leased, then rented, then sold as used, depending on residuals
- Unknown parts and past maintenance.
Like purchasing a vehicle, both new and used forklifts have their advantages, but just remember, it’s much easier to call a cab when your car breaks down than it is to lift 5,000 lbs. 20 feet in the air when your forklift breaks down. Consider your needs and decide whether a new or used forklift is right for you.
Request A Quote or for pricing, parts & more, click here to find a dealer near you.