What Can You Do?
Toyota is committed to continuously improving our own environmental stewardship, and we ask our partners to do the same. Instituting recycling programs, minimizing pollution and promoting the advantages of electric-powered forklifts
are just a few considerations that make a difference. Below are some ideas that will help your facility become more environmentally friendly and help reduce your operating costs:
- Minimize waste by recycling and looking at your process to reduce the amount of raw materials used.
- For remaining waste, consider a waste-to-energy facility. Is there a way to reuse the waste that was created?
- Consider changing your thermostat. Allowing the temperature range to be a little warmer in the summer months and cooler in the winter months can have a very positive impact on the environment and reduce your company’s overall carbon footprint.
- Increase your number of alternative fuel forklifts, whether electric, propane or Compressed Natural Gas (CNG). For example, propane is non-toxic and clean-burning, so it's versatile enough for indoor or outdoor applications. It's also safe and economical and requires little maintenance.
- Start a recycling program at your facility. Set goals for reduction in waste that goes to landfills.
- Install an energy-efficient lighting system.
- Encourage your vendors and partners to adopt "green" initiatives.
- Encourage carpooling among employees and offer incentives for doing so.
- See if fast charging makes sense for your facility, and reduce the number of batteries used.
- Recycle used oil.
For pricing, parts & more, click here to find a dealer near you.