Toyota provides a variety of options for your forklift. Depending on your specific application, some options may provide additional safety
benefits for your workplace.
are available in three types: Cushion, Solid Pneumatic and Air Pneumatic.
- Cushion Tires are composed of solid rubber and are directly pressed onto the wheel. They sit lower to the ground and offer a smaller turning radius, which provides an advantage in maneuverability. Cushion Tires are primarily suited for indoor or paved applications use as they can struggle on uneven surfaces like gravel.
- Pneumatic Tires (Solid) are designed of solid rubber, much like a cushion tire and are the most common tire on the market today. Solid pneumatic tires are commonly used for a combination of indoor and outdoor applications. However, solid pneumatic tires do not offer the same comfortable ride a cushion tire does across paved surfaces. The initial investment is higher, but they are practically indestructible and have a very long life.
- Pneumatic Tires (Air Filled) are designed of rubber, but are air filled much like a car or truck tire. They have a deep tread and are made of strong, long-lasting rubber material. These tires are better for rough, outdoor terrain.
Although tires are an important component to the operation of the forklift, other options must be reviewed and considered before you make your purchase.
- Back-up alarms offer a clear warning to pedestrians when the operator is operating the forklift in reverse.
- Flashing Lights/Strobes/Rotating Beacons assist the operator in alerting pedestrians to the presence of the forklift.
- Mirrors offer extended visibility for the operator
Ergonomics may seem like a luxury, but for an employee who spends their day on a forklift, adjustable seats
and comforts can reduce the risk of stress injuries and make for a more productive day.
- Side shifters enable the operator to move the load left and right without moving the forklift. This allows the operator to place the load exactly where they require it.
- Side shifting Fork Positioner enables the fork spread to be adjusted from the driver’s seat eliminating the need to manually adjust the forks.
A wide variety of options are available for your forklift. Contact your local Toyota forklift dealer
to learn more and help determine which options will work best for your application.
Request A Quote or for pricing, parts & more, click here to find a dealer near you.