Before speaking to a forklift dealer
, be prepared with answers to the following questions:
Ask the right questions
- What size are my loads? (height, width, and weight)
- Will this forklift be used indoors or outdoors?
- How many hours per day will the forklift be used?
of your sales representative:
Your local dealer should:
- Does an electric, gas, LPG, diesel or CNG-powered forklift work better for my application?
- Is training provided by your dealership?
- What maintenance plans do you offer?
- May I take a test drive or demo a forklift? (generally request a 2-4 hour session)
- Can I tour your facility? (visit the service dept., customer service dept., and the sales dept.)
- What is the warranty on the forklift?
- Offer a variety of forklift models
- Be willing to give you a list of references
- Adhere to OSHA requirements for forklift operation
- Provide warranties in writing
- Provide quotes in writing
- Be honest about delivery schedules
Request A Quote or for pricing, parts & more, click here to find a dealer near you.