When thinking about a forklift, most people still immediately think of the traditional internal combustion forklift
. IC Forklifts are still very popular and are constantly improved to get better fuel efficiency, better comfort and ultimately better overall performance.
Here are 10 facts you may not know about IC Forklifts:
- IC forklifts are often less expensive than electrics.
- They are the top choice for most outdoor and many indoor applications.
- IC engines are typically used in rough applications such as construction and lumber yards.
- IC forklift engines are powered by: gasoline, diesel, Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) or Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
- IC forklifts continue to be the most popular in many industries.
- If you lift loads heavier than 12,000 lbs., you will need a powerful IC engine.
- Depending on application, IC forklifts can have higher operating costs than electrics when you factor in fuel and maintenance.
- IC units are available through Toyota in 3,000 lb. to 72,000 lb. lift capacity.
- IC forklifts usually have higher top speeds, acceleration and lift rates, although electric-powered models are improving everyday.
- Operating costs are typically highest for gas units and lowest for diesel forklifts.
For more on IC forklifts, contact your local Toyota forklift dealer
Request A Quote or for pricing, parts & more, click here to find a dealer near you.